Monday, August 4, 2008

Throwback: Supermarket Sweep

"Are you ready for SUPERMARKET SWEEP!?!"


I was always ready. Wishing it was me and my grocery store savvy friend getting ready to partake in the most fun anyone could ever have in a grocery store. (Beside sample day at a Costco, nothing beats that.) But there I would be, armed with my blazing neon sweatshirt and large, blue nametag. I would be ready to take on David Ruprecht's trick questions about "zesty" soaps and "non-seeing tuna." Ready to run in the aisles like I was running from the bulls searching for the particular item David dared me to go find. Ha, and I wouldn't worry... I just knew how to find the item(s) on the crowded shelves. How could I not? I was a friggin' pro at this game (in my head)!

And forget about the "big sweep!" A blazing fire wouldn't stop me from going in and clearing the shelves one arm at a time. Stacking up on the most expensive items like meat and pampers; while grabbing coffee and every other inflatable balloon bonus I can put my hands on. That could have been a $500 Planters Mr. Peanut inflatable...grab it! But then one day the show went off the air and my dream to be a contestant vanished. Ah, Supermarket Sweep... I really wish you would come back to me. Until then, YouTube will have to do.

No comments: